Vacancy: Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Position Status: Full-time Salary Position
Applications will be considered upon receipt.
This role directs all activities of the Emergency Residence Project, a non-profit agency offering emergency shelter for people experiencing homelessness, transitional housing and rapid re-housing, as well as homelessness prevention assistance. The Director engages in fundraising activities and advocates for housing and homelessness needs by attending meetings, undertaking speaking engagements, pursuing grants and co-operating with the funders and human service agencies. This position develops and executes fundraising, including capital campaigns. In addition, the Director establishes, maintains and enhances individual and corporate donor relationships. Also responsible for managing the Associate Director and Housing Director to ensure the highest level of client services and program accountability. The Director establishes and maintains a network of collaborative partnerships with service-related entities. Other office and field activities to manage and direct the shelter program and agency overall may be required.
This position is being re-posted.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Comply with agency policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Uphold the belief that quality services are a top priority of the Emergency Residence Project.
- Develop and maintain rapport with clients as needed through open communication and using a strength-based approach.
- Comply with project policies and procedures as defined by the agency and funder requirements.
- Ensure the agency provides safe, respectful, and confidential services at all time.
- Supervise the Associate Director and Housing Director and complete annual reviews for these positions.
- Assist the agency in providing public education and training regarding issues of homelessness.
- Actively seek out and apply for grant opportunities.
- Nurture relationships with current donors and grow donor base.
- Work with the Board of Directors to implement the strategic plan.
- Serve as a steadfast advocate for people experiencing homelessness and those at-risk of homelessness.
- Advocate for the agency by serving as the spokesperson for the agency in the community. Seek out opportunities and respond to invitations to speak or write publicly about the mission.
- In collaboration with the Finance Committee, prepare the annual budget.
- Attend work as scheduled. The work day is flexible, and a minimum of an 8-hour day is expected. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services plus 4 years of work experience in human services field, preferable with people experiencing homelessness or at-risk populations, including persons with mental health issues and people from diverse backgrounds, and demonstrated competency in crisis networking and crisis intervention skills.
- Master’s degree in social work or other human service field is preferred.
- Must demonstrate skills in advocacy, fundraising, budget management, and staff supervision.
- Commitment to the philosophy and purpose of the Emergency Residence Project as stated in the agency’s mission statement.
- Must demonstrate concepts of how to organize, prioritize and plan work to meet deadlines, monitor casework plans, data collection principles and utilize confidentiality requirements.
- Must have experience in the development and execution of fundraising or capital campaigns.
- Must have experience in establishing, maintaining and enhancing donor relationships on both the individual and corporate level.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, data management, and basic computer skills.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable, thorough, and exhibit follow through.
- Ability to work under pressure, make appropriate and effective decisions, and multi-task.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Interested applicants must submit a resume/CV and cover letter to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org..